Join us for EPI Research Day 2013 on
Feb. 27, 2013 Research Day Schedule:
- 9 – 10 a.m. Breakfast and poster set up (Cancer Genetics Research Complex)
- 10 – 1 p.m. Poster Session (Presenters, please stand by your posters)
- Noon – 12:45 p.m. Lunch
- 12:45 – 1 p.m. Keynote Assembly (Cancer Genetics Research Complex Auditorium room 101)
- 1 – 1:15 p.m. Welcome by Dr. David Norton, VP of Research and Introductions by Dr. J. Glenn Morris, Director of EPI
- 1:15 – 3:30 p.m. Keynote Speeches
- 3:30 – 4 p.m. Remove posters (any posters left at 4 p.m. will be disposed)
The deadline for abstract submission passes on January 27, 2013 at 11:59 PM. If you would like to submit an abstract for Research Day 2013, please join one of our listservs to get informed about the future open call for posters and to learn about other EPI events.
Research Day 2013
- Abstract edits will not be possible after the abstract form has been submitted.
- Email confirmation will be sent once the online submission form has been submitted.
- One abstract for each submission is required. The abstracts will be printed in the Research Day 2013 Book of Abstracts.
- Abstracts are limited to 400 words. The word limit applies to the online abstract submissions. Posters do not have a word count maximum.
- Individuals/groups may submit more than one abstract.
- Poster presentations may include new data or may reflect material that has been presented at national meetings within the past 18 months.
- Poster boards are 4 feet high and 5 feet wide. An example can be seen here.
- As a suggestion, font size should be no less than 14-pt for paragraph text and 18-pt for sub-titles. Thirty-six point text or larger is ideal for the poster title. Sans serif fonts are best for paragraph body texts. It is ideal to make posters readable from a distance.
- Examples of poster layouts can be found here.